To become eligible for PGP, the sponsor and their relatives planning to immigrate to Canada have to meet certain requirements that make them eligible for the program. These eligibility requirements are subject to slight changes, but they remain largely the same barring a few amendments.
To be eligible for sponsoring parents or grandparents through PGP, the sponsor must:
- Be either a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident in Canada.
- Has to meet income requirements defined by the government.
- Financially support the sponsored person and any dependants.
Sponsor and Sponsored Person’s Sponsorship Agreement
Besides qualifying to become a sponsor, the sponsor, and the person that they are sponsoring need to sign a sponsorship agreement that includes:
- A commitment of the sponsor to provide the sponsored person and any eligible relatives coming with them with financial support for a period of three to 20 years. The range can vary depending on their age and relationship to the sponsor.
- The sponsorship agreement should also state that the persons becoming permanent residents through the program must make all possible efforts to support themselves when they become eligible to find work in Canada.
Understanding the Emergency Medical Expenses
Many Canadians with loved ones visiting Canada rarely consider the actual cost of hospitalization in case of medical emergencies. Hospitals charge varying rates for various services, besides the fees charged by doctors for medical tests and procedures.
Try and make it a point to conduct due research on the actual hospitalization costs. It can help you better assess the price vs. benefits debate, keeping the insured’s requirements in mind.
Find the Right Balance
Paying too little for an emergency medical travel insurance plan can save you from upfront costs but can rack up hefty medical bills in case of severe emergencies. Paying too much for it can burn an unnecessary hole in your pocket. It is all about finding the right balance when you are purchasing super visa insurance.
Remember that you should hope for the best but prepare for the worst. If you need help deciding how to go about purchasing a comprehensive plan at competitive rates, we are here to help. At Travel Shield, we can provide you with a range of options for medical insurance and make recommendations based on your requirements. Feel free to contact us here or call us at 1-866-517-0606 to find out how we can help.